It depends on where you live. Our interactive distributor map will help you locate our stocking distributors. We also have non-stocking distributors that can get you Sheoga Brand Flooring as well. For help locating a distributor that is not on the map, please call us toll-free at 800-834-1180.
If your distributor has it in stock, instantly! If they have to order it, our standard lead time is 3-4 weeks for unfinished and 4-6 weeks for custom or out-of-stock prefinished options.
- Wood floors improve indoor air quality.
- They do not harbor allergens, microorganisms, or pesticides that can be tracked in from the outside.
- Wood is the only renewable building material.
- Can be sanded and refinished several times to restore beauty or change aesthetic.
- Long-term store of carbon. Helps fight climate change.
- Can add significant value to your home.
- Life span can exceed 100 years!
- Wood floors are easy to clean.
- Plainsawn is wood that is cut parallel to the growth rings, so that the growth rings are cut from 0° to 45° to the wide face of the board. Plainsawn flooring is more dimensionally stable in thickness and less stable in width. It is the most common cut offered by mills.
- Quarter Sawn is wood that is cut perpendicular to the growth rings, so that the growth rings are cut from 45° to 90° to the wide face of the board. It is more dimensionally stable in width and less stable in thickness. This cut gives the “tiger stripe” aesthetic.
- Rift Sawn is wood that is cut neither parallel nor perpendicular to the growth rings, so that the growth rings make angles of 30° to 60° to the face of the board. Rift sawn has a very tight, straight grain–perfect for a modern look.
- Live Sawn is wood that is cut through the heartwood incorporating the full range of the tree width and shows longer knot structures and can have a mix of plainsawn, quartered and rift cut patterns all in one piece.
Absolutely not! Our wear layer features a 5.25mm wear layer which is equivalent to our solid wood floors! With a thick wear layer, our engineered flooring can be sanded and refinished multiple times, so your floors can last a lifetime. Coupled with the added dimensional stability from the 11-ply Baltic Birch substrate, our engineered flooring can be installed anywhere in your home, including your kitchen or finished basements!
Yes, it is very important to monitor humidity levels in your home. Our natural air-drying and kiln-drying process brings the moisture content of our hardwood down to 6-8%, which is ideal for hardwood floors. As the end user, you do have some responsibility to keep conditions in your house regulated. Wood flooring performs best with a relative humidity of between 35-50% and a temperature between 60-80 degrees. This will help maintain the proper 6-8% moisture content of the wood. Wood is a natural product; therefore, some expansion and contraction can be expected, especially during seasonal changes. When installing wide planks, we recommend following NWFA installation guidelines and both gluing & nailing the floor.
Yes! Our Significant Collection engineered floors are perfect for installing over concrete or radiant heat systems. While each radiant heat system can operate differently depending on the manufacturer, the NWFA states that it is important to make sure the surface temperature does not exceed 80 degrees.
Unlike the industry standard of using lower-grade lumber to manufacture hardwood flooring, Sheoga’s unique formula of components includes premium, furniture-grade lumber in the mix of raw materials to manufacture our high-end hardwood floors. We buy all of our lumber green, grade it on-site and let it air dry before we put it into our kilns to fully dry, condition, and equalize to 6-8% moisture content. Compared to other mills who may run their moulders at speeds of 300-400 lineal ft. per minute, we run ours at 20-40 lineal ft. per minute. We use diamond tooling to ensure the highest quality milling, tight and square fitting tongue & groove, and to prevent tear outs. By not fighting warped boards and an average waste factor of only 5%, Sheoga floors can be installed quickly with a tight fit. Our slow milling allows installers to start sanding with a higher grit of sandpaper, saving precious time, and leaving more floor for the customer to enjoy for a lifetime.
Be sure to keep grit and debris off your floor. This can be accomplished by using entrance rugs and sweeping with a broom or sweeper frequently. A mixture of ¼ cup white vinegar to a full gallon of water on a slightly dampened rag will thoroughly clean the floor. Be careful not to saturate the flooring – squeeze most of the moisture out of the cleaning rag. Allow to dry fully before replacing rugs. Always use chair leg protectors and use caution moving appliances to prevent scratches.contact us with questions